My Stampin' Up! Classes

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Embossed metal garden stake for your favorite plant


I love how quickly and easily this metal garden stake came together. Shirley gave me some aluminum flashing she had gathering dust in her garage, and my hubby stripped some regular household wire into three pieces - copper, white and black. He said I could further strip the black and white to copper, but I didn't. I used a black piece of 12-gauge wire for my garden stake.

I ran a piece of flashing I cut with my craft and rubber scissors through the 3-1/2" Circle die for the Big Shot, then embossed it with the Elegant Lines embossing folder. I had enough room on my scrap to make a butterfly, so I embossed that with polka dots. I used the Crop-a-dile to make the holes and fastened a clear crystal bauble (retiring) with a lobster claw at the bottom, and used pliers to twist the wire after threading it through the top hole. I used a filigree flower and brad to hold the butterfly onto the circle. It really shines!

I had to lay the stake down for the photo, which is why the crystal looks like it's not hanging right, but it does, and it's beautiful! I had 13 downline members qualify for my American Ink Rewards (AIR) program, and this was one of the projects they got to make last week. I was thinking this stake would go outside, but I love looking at it, so it's going in a household plant in the middle of my kitchen.

2 comments:

Marie said...

I love this! I've been looking for some nice garden art, I didn't think that I had the "ingredients" in my craft room. tfs, Marie

Susan said...

This came out great! Where did you find the black 12 gauge wire? I've been making them with 'silver' wire but like the black!