My Stampin' Up! Classes

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Whimsical penguins ready to party; last day for Mashup!

There are so many uses for the 2-step owl punch. Here, I cut the ears off these owls to make them penguins. I freehand cut the beaks and used black jewels for the eyes and rhinestones for the buttons.

I'd love to say this was my idea, but I CASE'd it from Diana Gibbs. The balloon is from Beary Best Friends and the "happy birthday" is from Party This Way, a stamp set I earned for free. The party hat came from the Party Hearty set.

Today is the last day to enter a card for the Friday Mashup! sketch challenge. I hope you'll enter!

Stamps: Beary Best Friends, Party This Way, Party Hearty;
Ink: Basic Black pad;
Paper: Baja Breeze, Poppy Parade, So Saffron, In Color Paper Pad, Whisper White;
Accessories: Uni-bal white gel pen, Black Flourish Designer Jewels, Basic Rhinestones, Top Note die, 1/2" Poppy Parade ribbon, dimensionals.

8 comments:

hollybeary creations said...

OMG!!! Love it!!! this is so stinkin' cute!

Carolynne said...

What a fab idea

xx

dandelion dreamer said...

Awww....what a clever idea to cut his ears off and turn him into a penguin! Super card! M x

Terri said...

Super cute! Thanks for following my blog....I am following yours now too.

Ciara said...

Love this!

It would be my perfect birthday card as my birthday is around Christmas AND I love penguins!

Brilliant idea to turn the owls into penguins :-)

Ciara
xx

Dawn said...

I do not like birds, but after seeing how cute these penguins are I might have to buy this punch!
Now following you from SC. You can find me at http://dawningdesigns.blogspot.com/

Mary Director said...

this is great!!!

Thank you for stopping my blog today and leaving a comment. I'm following you now too from AZ.

http://kreateskards.blogspot.com

Kim said...

super cute! this will be on my punch inspiration blog post tomorrow. TFS