My Stampin' Up! Classes

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Crazy for Cupcakes crayon resist...

Crayon Resist Technique is fun for bright highlights, or more subtle ones, as on this Crazy for Cupcakes birthday card.

At least it gets me using Glossy White card stock and sponging - a soft look I always like.

This Bashful Blue card uses Almost Amethyst card stock and ink, as well as So Saffron.

The technique: The cupcakes were stamped in Basic Black, then I used a white crayon where I wanted the highlights to be (the crayon resists ink, so when you use a tissue to wipe it off, those spots are white). Sponge the colors you want over the entire Glossy White layer and wipe off the crayon. Finish your card as desired.

The sentiment was punched using the Modern Label Punch, and adhered with dimensionals.



No comments: