My Stampin' Up! Classes

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Under the Stars Big Buckle card...

This Under the Stars card was a lot of fun to make. I would imagine any kid (big or little) would love to get this gruff-looking bear in the mail.

This is a Big Buckle card, called that for the way the Real Red card stock is inserted through the Word Window punch hole in the front.

The Kraft card is 5 1/2" x 7" and scored at 4 1/4". I stamped the front and back ('cause it was fun!) with Chocolate Chip ink. I stamped the bear in Chocolate Chip and burnished him with Creamy Caramel. Burnishing is basically using a sponge/sponge dauber you've inked using a pad and rubbing it around on an image.

I used Kiwi Kiss card stock inside (4" x 5 1/4"). I only stamped images on the right side that shows when the front flap is closed, though there is a greeting under the flap.

The Real Red belt is adhered under the Kiwi Kiss card stock. It simply slides into the hole. The left corners are rounded on the red layer, as well as the Very Vanilla layer.

I hope you'll try making this type of card!

No comments: