My Stampin' Up! Classes

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Purse Card Tote and cards...

This was the make & take I brought to our demo meeting last weekend. It uses the Big Shot, Flower, Daisy #2 die, Thank You Kindly stamp set and Eyelet Border Punch.

Kim and I are offering a similar class at the Heirloom Rubber Stamp & Paper Arts Festival May 16 in Puyallup. You can sign up for it at http://www.heirloompro.com/.

The purse base is a 4" x 8" piece of Chocolate Chip card stock, scored at 1" all the way around. Then two pieces of 6" x 10" Sweet Always dsp was adhered to the base with sticky strip. A couple Chocolate Chip strips, measuring 11" x 1 3/4" were punched with the Eyelet Border Punch and wrapped over the top of the Sweet Always paper. The strips overlap so you can line up the eyelets nicely.

I used Whisper White, Regal Rose, Chocolate Chip and Pumpkin Pie card stock for the daisies. The purse got a Pumpkin Pie corduroy brad in the center while the 5 cards each had a jumbo brad. All of the flowers were adhered with dimensionals.

For the purse straps, I punched one Horizontal Slot punch through one side only of a Round Tab Punch. I adhered the 5/8" Regal Rose grosgrain (about 11-12" for each side) inside the round tab before adhering the entire tab to the side of the purse. Then I added brads for a decorator look.

The cards all use Sweet Always designer paper and the Thank You Kindly stamp set.

The inspiration for this project came from something I saw in Hawaii during the demo share, only her purse was smaller and used notecards. I wanted full-size cards with envelopes because I think it makes a great gift!















1 comment:

Shirley Pumpkin said...

Super Duper Cute!! Love the colors..