My Stampin' Up! Classes

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Another gift idea: Homemade crafters' scrub with MDS tag


In my quest to make Christmas gifts for friends and family this year, I came across an easy "recipe" for a Pumpkin Spice Sugar Scrub here. It's for use on your hands and body, and especially good to remove ink and glue and other stuff that gets on our crafty hands. It's 100 percent natural and edible. You can't beat that! I added a ripped strip of Spice Cake fabric around the jar, a cheap spoon (10 cents) from a thrift store, and a tag I designed using My Digital Studio. The back is printed too - I'll have to add a photo of that later!

Pumpkin Spice Sugar Scrub

2 cups brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 Tablespoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 cup + 1 Tblsp oil (Sunflower, Safflower, Vegetable - your choice)

Mix and put it into either 2 pint jars or 4 half-pint jars. These keep well in sealed, sanitized glass containers for months. Just keep them out of direct sunlight.

No comments: