My Stampin' Up! Classes

Friday, November 25, 2011

Owl turned turkey for Thanksgiving favor


I think the owl punch is fabulous! You can use it to make an owl (of course!), a penguin, ghost, and now a turkey. I'm sure I missed a few other things this terrific punch can do... but we'll explore that at a later date. This adorable favor uses the Two Tags die for the Big Shot. I ran it through the Square Lattice embossing folder before adding 1-1/4" wide Pumpkin Pie grosgrain ribbon with a knot of natural hemp around it. It's just big enough to hold a treat - in this case, a fun size Hershey's chocolate bar. Also, instead of stamping "Happy Thanksgiving" as you see here, you could easily write a person's name and use this for a placecard. The turkey's tailfeathers are two flowers punches from the 5-petal flower punch. The beak and snood (the red thing that hangs down on a turkey) was made with Pumpkin Pie and Real Red card stock punched from the little heart on the owl punch. I CASE'd this favor from another blogger.

No comments: