My Stampin' Up! Classes

Friday, September 30, 2011

Mocha Morning Tree Trimmings for sketch challenge


I love the warm colors in the Mocha Morning Specialty Paper pack, so I pulled out a few patterns to work with for The Paper Players sketch challenge. And since I was designing cards for my Tree Trimmings class yesterday I used that stamp set. I started with a Very Vanilla card, and used Early Espresso ink and card stock. The ornament is embossed and I used two short pieces of 1/8" Early Espresso taffeta for the bow and hanger, and a few pearls to add some class. Here's the sketch:


Since I centered the sentiment (which is from Christmas Lodge), I didn't feel the extra embellishment on the oval was needed.

Stamps: Tree Trimmings, Christmas Lodge;
Ink: Early Espresso classic pad;
Paper: Very Vanilla, Early Espresso, Mocha Morning Specialty;
Accessories: Oval Scallop Die for the Big Shot, dimensionals, clear embossing powder, basic pearls, 1/8" Early Espresso taffeta.

7 comments:

LeAnne said...

Terry, this is GORGEOUS! You ROCKED this challenge! Thanks for playing with us at the Paper Players this week!

Rita W said...

Terry! Wow! What a stunning Christmas card! Love everything about it! Thanks for joining the Paper Players this week.

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Terry! I love the pearls on the ornament! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

Sandie Conner said...

So pretty! That DSP is fabulous on a Christmas card, love it. Thanks for having fun with The Paper Players this week!

Julie Marshall said...

Wow...you picked THE perfect sentiment for this card. The font is just perfect for the elegant look of the Mocha Morning and the ornament. Just gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing with the Paper Players this week!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Terry, this is stunning! I love how you used the DSP patterns and that elegant ornament. WOW! Gorgeous Christmas card, in every way! Thanks so much for joining us at the Paper Players this week! :)

Tara Bilbao said...

Terry, I love the soothing color scheme for this very elegant card. I love your pearl details and the beautiful ribbon. Thank you for playing along with the Paper Players this week!