My Stampin' Up! Classes

Friday, October 23, 2009

House of Haunts Split-Image Technique...

I've been having a lot of fun with my monthly technique class. We make three projects for a $15 order.

In addition to the bucket below (our 3d technique), we made this cool card using the House of Haunts stamp set, Spooky Treats Rub-Ons, and Night and Day designer paper.

The Split-Image Technique is simple: I cut two squares of card stock (Whisper White and Basic Black) the same size as the house stamp's wood block. I stamped the house image in Versamark on each piece, and heat embossed the image on black card stock with White Embossing Powder, and the image on white card stock with Black Embossing Powder.

Once you have those embossed pieces, simply cut them in half and piece half of each together, so you can make two split-image cards.

The "spooky" is a white rub-on on a piece of Basic Black card stock that's been punched using the Modern Label Punch. I used the Uni-bal white gel pen to add the white spots.

There's a little black library clip (in a class I use these to keep the rub-on and its layer together) with a knot of black gingham ribbon.

1 comment:

Shirley Pumpkin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.