My Stampin' Up! Classes

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Going natural for Sunday Stamps sketch challenge

 
I've been enjoying watching the leaves on the trees change color and the air turn cooler. That's why I turned to Tangerine Tango, Old Olive and Early Espresso for this card, and used the Sunday Stamps sketch challenge below.
 
 
Here's the scoop on Sunday Stamps: "We want you to have fun and be creative and share your creations with us using the Linky Widget below. You may use any brand (or combination of brands) you'd like. The deadline to submit your creation is Friday, October 18 at 6PM EST."
 
 
I started with a Tangerine Tango card, layered with Early Espresso and the birch-like paper from the Thanksgiving Tablescape Simply Created Kit in the Holiday Catalog. For the wavy part of the sketch, I used the Tasteful Trim die for the Big Shot. The leaf is Magnificent Maple and the sentiment is from the hostess set, Banner Greetings.

7 comments:

Tina said...

i love the leaves, this is so cute and a lovely natural...love it

Hofkissed said...

Oh yes! This really works. That birch paper is awesome stuff and I never thought about using the Tasteful Trim Die. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

Lesley said...

Beautiful! Love those leaves!

hollybeary creations said...

I love that Birch paper as your background.. great use of the sketch I like the placement of your leaves.. I bet it gorgeous over there in WA it was always such a pretty fall. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps.

jjcreations said...

Great card! I have some of that birch paper left over myself.....I need to remember to use it on other projects now! Thanks for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps.

OttawaMom said...

This is a wonderful Fall inspired card. I love that birch paper background - goes perfectly with those leaves. Thanks so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

NJ Stamping Queen said...

What a fabulous fall card! I love the leaf stamps and that birch background paper. Thanks for using my sketch and for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps this fortnight. Please join us again soon!
:) Marie