My Stampin' Up! Classes

Monday, February 25, 2013

Mixing up a little green goodness with Pink Paper Bakery

 
I love making a few St. Patrick's Day cards every year for a couple of friends and to hand out as random acts of kindness to customer service people with treats as I do my errands. It's just fun! This card combines my favorite supplies - punches and an embossing folder - in a clean and simple way. 
 
 
I am happy I was asked to be a guest designer for Pink Paper Bakery. Those girls make some marvelous goodies! Check it out for yourself here.
 
I went thrift shopping just this weekend for items to upcycle and smaller furnishings that speak to me, many of which get painted. So I had paint on the brain when I created this green card. You know, like paint chips. I started with Whisper White, then went to Certainly Celery, Lucky Limeade and Gumball Green, running all of them through the Chevron embossing folder. I used the smallest heart of the Heart Framelits to make the shamrock, layering hearts on top. The stem was hand-cut. Of course I needed a little bling - with a large rhinestone - and a sentiment. This one is from the Got Treats stamp set.
 
Stamps: Got Treats;
Paper: Whisper White, Certainly Celery, Lucky Limeade, Gumball Green card stocks;
Ink: Gumball Green;
Accessories: Chevron embossing folder, Hearts Framelits, Small Heart punch, large rhinestone, dimensionals.


No comments: