My Stampin' Up! Classes

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

With Gratitude...

Though the weather is more like summer around here, I love fall colors and felt like making a leaf card for one of this month's club projects.

The main card body is Really Rust card stock, with a strip of Always Artichoke at the top, stamped with a leaf in the same color ink and torn on one long side with a knot of Chocolate Chip grosgrain.

The big leaf was inked first in Really Rust. I took the Always Artichoke pad and rolled it around the edges and stamped it on Confetti Cream card stock. Then using an aqua painter and More Mustard ink, I watercolored in the open areas and blended some of the colors to make it look more realistic.
To finish the card, I used the ticket corner punch on both the confetti and More Mustard card stock layers, stamped a small leaf in Really Rust and the "With Gratitude" in Always Artichoke.

No comments: