My Stampin' Up! Classes

Monday, January 7, 2013

Designer paper and builder brad for HSS color challenge

 
How do you like the new designer builder brad and More Amore Specialty dsp in the Spring Catalog? I love them! I used the heart from the Itty Bitties stamp set for the middle of the brad, and covered it with a clear "bubble."
  
 
I made this card for the Hand Stamped Sentiments Color Challenge #150, choosing to highlight this paper that has the sentiment on it. I added some black sponging around the edge of the paper, then added a Pool Party banner that was embossed with an Adorning Accent folder (more little hearts) and roughed up with the new distressing tool.
 
 



NEW Guidelines To Play Along, each challenge will last for 2 weeks!!

  • You may use ANY BRAND of products to create your project.
  • Use keyword HSSCC150 when uploading to public galleries.
  • We would appreciate a link back to our HSS site.
  • Incorrect links are not eligible and will be deleted.
  • INLINKZ will close at noon (CST) Monday, January 14th 2013
  • Artist Picks will be announced on Tuesday, January 15th 2013
  • Join us for a new challenge every other Tuesday. 
  • PLEASE be kind and TURN OFF your word verification, THANK YOU!
     
    I received a box on my porch the other day, and when I opened it there was this rustic candy scale. I was so excited! My sister, CB, found it on Craigslist and bought it for me. Is she awesome or what? I love it and plan to use it to display odds and ends in my rubber stamp shows this year. Cool!

 
 


9 comments:

MiamiKel said...

What a neat candy scale - i look forward to how you will display it! Beautiful card - fun colors to use! :)

Tina said...

Beautiful card, lovely colors and i just love the sentiment...simply amazing...loving the scale too

Anonymous said...

Great idea on using the paper with the sentiments. It coordinates perfectly with your banner and embellishment. Love the sponged edge. Thanks so much for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Diane Vander Galien said...

Very Cute!!! Great use of the dsp!! Love all the texture on your banner- perfect!!! Thanks for playing along with HSS, Diane

Donna Heber said...

Your sister rocks! How sweet of her to send you a vintage candy scale. It will look so nice decorated with your rubber stamping supplies. Beautiful card using the builder brad.

Krista said...

First of all, cool scale, can't wait to see what you do with it! I love the distressing you did on the card and the simple layout is perfect! Thanks for joining us at HSS!

Elizabeth Price said...

Terry this card is so AWESOME! I love how you used the DSP and then embellished it with the banner and brad--it's all so superb :0) I am so glad you joined our color challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments. Smiles, Elizabeth

Bada-Bing Creations said...

I LOVE this! So simple and so cute! I love that sheet of DSP! And cool scale:-)

Bobbie said...

I may need those brads after all.... This card is lovely! A great way to show off the DSP. Thanks for playing with HSS.