My Stampin' Up! Classes

Monday, August 6, 2012

Flameless tea light birthday cake


This is a cute and easy project, and one my American Ink achievers made Saturday. Above, the flameless tea light is "on."


Make sure to punch a hole in the bottom of the scallop from the Perfect Pennants die so you can turn the flameless candle on and off!


This photo shows just about everything you need to make the project.

Use a 5-1/4" x 3/4" (or a tiny bit thinner) piece of designer paper for the side of the tea light. I used Sticky Strip on one, and Tombow Liquid Adhesive on a second. Both adhesives work well.

The scallop circle punched out of copy paper has been folded in half and then quarters, with the point snipped off. It's a template you set over the other scallop circle so you can make the hole for the flame part of the flameless tea light.

Embellish the top of the scallop with little flowers and rhinestones!

Then attach the tea light to the diecut scallop circle with dimensionals. That's it.

Week 1 of The Great Pumpkin Blog Hop ends tonight. Only 12 weeks left till Halloween! I hope you'll make time to create a Halloween project for this week's blog hop. Until then, take care!



4 comments:

Donna Heber said...

This is so creative Terry - just fabulous!

Hofkissed said...

This is adorable and so easy to make. Thanks for sharing a quick tutorial too!

MiamiKel said...

Oh. MY. Stars!! I'm convinced there isn't anything you can't make!! This is a gem!! WOW!

Carole said...

You did such a good job of explaining this! I've seen directions for this project that left me going huh?? Now, I feel like I can try it:)