My Stampin' Up! Classes

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Stamped and ribbon flowers with fun and quirky people


My favorite part of this card is the piercing. Stampin' Up! is offering an Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack in the catalog with three templates for $7.95. The templates coordinate with framelits, punches, and edgelits. This Field Flowers card also uses Baja Breeze seam binding, the Apothecary Accents Framelits, and the Large Scallop Edgelit. The card itself is Summer Starfruit.


I took these photos at Convention 2012 on a display board. I liked these two cards because the main element is stitched grosgrain ribbon. See how the loops of ribbon make the flowers on the card at the left? Then the whole chevron background on the card at the right is ribbon. Pretty incredible, eh?

If you'd like to order ribbon, Edgelits, Framelits, or any other Stampin' Up! product, please visit my SU! Online Store.

It was a long day at the Kitsap Arts & Crafts Festival. I arrived at 8:30 a.m., because the Farmers' Market was set up in the same park and started earlier than the festival. I got home just after 6:30 p.m. Fortunately, I only live about 15-20 minutes from where the festival is held. The Farmers' Market is amazing. One guy made huge, beautiful bouquets of flowers for only $25! The produce looked delicious, and there was such a great variety of vendors - from homemade soda and kettle corn, to dish flowers, welded iron animals, fleece shawls, baby clothes and homemade soaps. The weather held out all day. We didn't get any rain, and it actually got quite warm!

I sold retired stamp sets, punches, skinny cello bags filled with M&Ms that have a punch animal (bear or turtle) at the top, fabric personal tissue holders, cards, and glitter. Many of you have asked for more details about my booth. The cost is $175, with proceeds going to student art scholarships. I went through a stack of business cards today. Kim and I met many fun, campy, super nice and quirky people today... many of whom will be showing up at my clubs and classes.

It's been really nice having Kim hang out with me. She showed up around noon with a delicious and healthy lunch (thanks again, Kim!), and gave me time to roam the market. I also had visits from my fellow Poulsbo Lions Club members and some of my SU! downline, which was really nice.

Tomorrow's the last day of the festival! Come on down. I'm sure there will be deals. The succulents lady next to me is dealing on entire flats! I've got terrific sea glass jewelry on the other side. The hours are 10-5 p.m.

Happy Stampin'!

3 comments:

Becky said...

Beautiful cards. I just love the flower on the first one.
Sounds like you had a busy and product day.

Miriam said...

I love these cards! The ribbon flowers are adorable.

Seryna said...

Beautiful cards, thanks for sharing! I absolutely love the ribbon loop flowers. Glad to hear that the festival went very well for you.
~Anne