My Stampin' Up! Classes

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Earning Fiji trip and Moving Forward quick card with sketch


It's official!
We're going to Fiji with Stampin' Up! in late April/early May 2013!!! I am truly grateful for my friends, family, customers and downline who supported me throughout the year.

THANK YOU!

Without you, this wouldn't be possible. I am blessed.

When I logged onto the demonstrator website to check my Activity Statement, I saw the simple phrase:

Congratulations! On 30-Jun-2012 you achieved the required points for the Grand Vacation!

That's it. It's about that size too. Not in bold or anything. I guess I was looking for virtual confetti to rain down, bells and whistles... something! lol


 
Now for the card I'm sharing today. I used markers to ink up this boat from the Moving Forward stamp set, which is the Ronald McDonald House Charities set of the year. Two dollars from the sale of every set benefits RMHC, which I support every year. I'll be hosting a class with this set later in July (check My Classes tab above for details!) where you get the stamp set and three cards. You don't need to come to the class, and it is available by mail (add $5.00 for shipping please).


The 10 women who attended my 10-card class Thursday night made two of these. It's a Wild Wasabi card with a 2" x 5-1/2" piece of Storytime dsp, and a 1-3/4" piece of Pool Party card stock that's been scallop border punched and then run through the Houndstooth embossing folder. I followed a sketch provided by The Paper Players, though I didn't enter the challenge, which ended Friday at noon.



I like sitting down at my stamping area with a few sketches. They're good jumping off points for card-making, especially considering I prep for a 10-card class in about 2-1/2 hours.

Well, that's it for me today. I'm going to hunt down some furniture today at a couple of promising places. I still have some painting and sanding to do in my garage, but if rain comes as promised, I may have to park in the driveway and use the garage for painting just to get some things done! I hope you have an amazing weekend. Thanks again for your support. It means the world to me!

P.S. Today is the last day to buy the Starter Kit for $99 AND receive up to $48 in BONUS product. Visit http://TheRubberRoom.stampinup.net and click on Join The Fun twice to get started.

2 comments:

Elizabeth Price said...

That is so awesome that you have earned the Fiji trip--I am thrilled for you. This is a very cute card. The texture adds a sense of a wave motion to the boat. Smiles, Elizabeth

Donna Heber said...

Congrats on winning your trip! I'm so happy for you.