My Stampin' Up! Classes

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Team make & takes and letting the cat out of the bag

My American Ink team gathering Saturday was a blast! We had some great make and takes and some great food, not to mention the swaps.




Kim is hanging onto summer with her big, beautiful Sunflower card. It uses that huge stamp clear embossed with More Mustard craft ink, plus the Well Worn background stamp in So Saffron ink. A Tiny Tags saying was punched out with the Medium Jewelry Punch. I stamped my sunflower a bit high on the card.


Mary Ann's make & take used the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, the Swirls & Curls Verses hostess set from the Summer Mini, Brights dsp, and buttons. Her card also added score lines above and below the sentiment.


And now the cat is out of the bag - literally! Frito Lay is our the newest member of our family. He went head first into my stampin' bag today and was trying to get at the supplies I had in the tote. When he couldn't get to them, he started attacking his tail, and then curled up for a bit on the other side of the tote. I'm happy to say he's roaming contentedly around the house, which is a good thing because I've already accidentally shut him in my closet and, this morning, closed a bathroom cabinet door on him.

I hope you're enjoying your Sunday! If you're in the area this coming Saturday, please drop by between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. to shop my retired stamps and other items, make a card or 10 or more, and enjoy some refreshments as part of my Autism Speaks fund-raiser.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I got your notice about the get together last Saturday but I've been under the weather for a couple of week. Now getting ready to go to Alaska the end of the month. I wish I could get over to see what sets you have but next Saturday is our anniversary. Don't give up on me.
Karen

Shirley Pumpkin said...

Thanks for saying all those nice things about my card!! It did Rock! lol
Frito must have a really long tail, the way it is coming out of that bag. You should put this pic on SC and us the word "catsistant" People are really loving those Cat Pic's on there. I put some of Crouton the other day..

Hugs
Shirley