My Stampin' Up! Classes

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Vintage Ornaments stenciled tile...

My daughter and I did an experiment on 6" x 6" tumbled marble tiles with the Vintage Ornament stencils and craft ink refills.

First, we sponged on the Brilliant Blue and Lovely Lilac ornaments using the stencils and craft ink squirted onto a paper plate.

Then, without heating or anything, we laid the flourish stencils over the centers and sponged on silver ink from a refill bottle.

These tiles were baked in the oven at 325 degrees, but the ink bubbled, so I'd suggest a lower temperature for about 10 minutes.

After that, we added a knot of double-stitched Bashful Blue ribbon and a tag with a saying from the Grateful Greetings stamp set (Holiday Mini), tied on with silver cord. The tile sits on a clear plastic easel for a nice display.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Very stunning. I am going to try doing some diiferent size tiles with the Medallion stamp and I am going to have to use the brilliant blue.