My Stampin' Up! Classes

Monday, November 3, 2008

Crazy for Cupcakes gift bag and tag...

I finally got a chance to get photos of the gift bag and tag we made at the Crazy for Cupcakes birthday party last week.

The gift bag is one of Stampin' Up!'s white gift bags (3 for $2.95). I used some Autumn Vine designer paper from the Holiday Mini on both sides, as well as the back side of the paper for the top piece with an inch flipped over for more contrast. The ribbon is our double-stitched Chocolate Chip. It's yummy!

My favorite thing on this project? It's easily the Big Shot leaves cut from chipboard and the designer paper. Gone are the days where you need to trace a chipboard item onto paper and cut it out. With the Big Shot and leaf die, I easily cut many leaves at once. Then we used adhesive to stick the paper to the chipboard. We put one leaf on the gift bag and used another for the tag, which is actually a 3" x 3" love note.

The cupcakes were stamped in Basic Brown ink and colored in with markers that took the colors from the paper - Sage Shadow, Really Rust, More Mustard, and Ruby Red.
You can see how quickly and easy it would be to make a gift bag anytime of year for that special someone's birthday!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love this bag!!!
I think I'll case it!