My Stampin' Up! Classes

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Heritage Holiday...

Even though we just started October, I feel like I've already celebrated Halloween and am moving onto Christmas!

I'm using the Heritage Holiday stamp set at a Christmas Spectacular this Sunday. Here's a card I came up with.

The card is Baja Breeze card stock with double-stitched Baja Breeze ribbon and Ski Slope designer paper (now available for you to order in the Holiday Mini Catalog).

The ornaments were stamped in Basic Gray ink and punched out with the 1 3/4" circle punch. I used an aqua painter and Riding Hood Red and Baja Breeze ink pads to color them in, adding a touch of silver with the Zig Painty pen.

I punched a 3/4" square of brushed silver card stock and ran it through the paper crimper, adding half of it to the top of the circle with dimensionals to make the circle into an ornament itself! I used a ring of silver wire at the very top.

I know the saying is stamped a little wacky in Basic Gray. It's more visible in real life... but at least you get the idea here!

Trivia: Early Christmas trees had real fruit and flowers and candles as decorations, which looked good but was very heavy on the branches. German glass blowers began producing glass balls to replace the heavy decorations. These became known as Bulbs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these colors! very cute!
your biggest fan...

Shirley Pumpkin said...

Terry this card is great.. the colors, and the way you did the cute ornament.. you are so the best... I have the brag book pages up now if you want to take a look.. XOXOX