My Stampin' Up! Classes

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Seaside...

Believe it or not, this is my very first shaker card - and I've been a demonstrator for more than 6 years! Crazy, huh?

Well, after picking up some "pink" Bermuda sand, I wanted to share it with my club members and YOU. I put the word "pink" in orphan quotes because Bermuda is supposedly world-reknown for having pink sandy beaches. After visiting a half dozen different beaches, the four of us in our party never did see "pink."

Putting the shaker card together wasn't difficult at all. I used foam mounting tape below the window sheet and Brocade Blue card stock "frame" (using my paper cutter to cut out the inside) to hold the sand.

The card body is River Rock card stock, with the entire Seaside stamp set stamped all over the front in the matching ink pad. The Groovy Guava shell was actually embossed with a VersaMarker pen and some Glassy Glaze embossing powder and stuck on with dimensionals. It's very pretty in person.

I think I'm ready to hit the beach!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like this card and I like your blog.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty colors.

Sarah

Shirley Pumpkin said...

I do love this Card! it was fun to make too... thanks for sharing so much with us Terry SU!