My Stampin' Up! Classes

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Green ribbon wreath for St. Paddy's Day


I picked up a medium-sized wreath form for $2.50 to make a green ribbon wreath for a St. Patrick's Day decoration. I grabbed all of the green ribbon I could find in my stampin' area - 1-1/4" Wild Wasabi striped grosgrain, 5/8" Old Olive satin ribbon, 1/4" Garden Green grosgrain, Pear Pizzazz poly-stitch ribbon, Old Olive dotted scallop ribbon, and two rolls of the 1/8" Lucky Limeade organdy that I got free during Stampin' Up!'s Sale-a-Bration event - a freebie with a $50 purchase (ends March 31).

I started tying the ribbon around the inner ring first, and worked my way to the outside, ring by ring. Here's the final result:


The wreath looks great next to a green welcome sign next to it!

And now for my precious kitty photo of the week:


My son was cradling Frito, who was holding his orange tabby puppet kitty. How cute is that? I've never seen a cat so happy to be on his back. And Frito is getting bigger. I can tell because he can reach higher with those big, long arms! Have a wonderful day! I get to stay home and do more crafting today.

1 comment:

Loey said...

Wow, that is such a creative, fun idea and it turned out beautifully.