My Stampin' Up! Classes

Monday, November 17, 2014

A favorite combo - Elegant Eggplant and Old Olive

 
You don't need Christmas stamps to make Christmas cards. It's all about the heart you put into it.

 
I love how much texture the embossing folder adds to this card. There's a 3/4" x 4" strip of Elegant Eggplant on the front, plus a 5/8" x 3-1/2" Whisper White piece for the greeting. Markers were used to ink up the birds on the branches image.
 
Sorry about the photos. My Ott light decided it'll only work when in the closed position, which isn't very helpful. I haven't had time to fuss with it because my home Big Shot broke too. I can understand that - the machine has cut and embossed thousands of pieces of card stock, not just for me, but for my customers, as well. I've had it at least 6 years. I'm going to see if my hubby can fix it (he did fix our dishwasher this week!). If not, it'll be recycled. For now, I've brought my studio Big Shot home.
 
I have a JoAnn's coupon, so I might just see if I can swing a new Ott light, or at the very least, a new bulb.
 
And before I forget, I have one more 20-card Christmas class coming up - Saturday, November 29, at 10:30 a.m. Please email me by Nov. 25 if you'd like to attend. It's already half full. I won't have time to have another Christmas class in December, because I have my team's annual Christmas party, I have to finish a scrapbook for my Lions' Club, and my clubs are meeting.

2 comments:

MiamiKel said...

I love everything about this card, Terry :) I love olive and purple together - it just goes together so beautifully and your card is a shining example of that! Wonderful! ♥

Becky said...

I wouldn't think to put these 2 colors together, but this looks fabulous.