My Stampin' Up! Classes

Friday, May 10, 2013

Dapper Dad man card and fun Friday garage sale finds

 
Dapper Dad features three stamps that are great for man cards. I think the shoe is my favorite.
 
 
I started with a Whisper White card, added a 5-1/4" x 4" piece of Night of Navy card stock - embossed with the Argyle folder - and a 1-1/4" x 4" strip of Neutrals Designer Series Paper Stack. I only used Night of Navy ink, with the shoe image and with the sentiment, which is from the Delightful Dozen stamp set. I CASE'd this card from fellow demo Jill Hilliard, changing up the colors. I chose Basic Gray and blue because they just seem so classic to me.
 
 
I managed to get to a couple of garage sales today. I found this fabulous wooden crate (with a lid!) for only five bucks.
 
 
I picked up this tin of magnetic letters and numbers for two bucks simply because I love the bright colors on the school-house shaped tin.

 
The temperature reached 80 degrees while I was out and about today. It was HOT! It was nice to relax by the pool chatting with my niece while her daughter romped in the water. I was so glad I had done some gardening when it was cooler this afternoon. I clipped loads of lilacs for two vases in the house. They smell AWESOME!
 
 
More new-to-me items I found today include this shelf unit. There's a space for a clock, which I'll add, and a drawer beneath that. I just need to add a knob. The paint job is good. The piece just needs cleaned up a bit. I met the nicest couple today AND they gave me crazy good deals. This unit was only three bucks.
 
 

For a couple more bucks, I got these two pieces. I like them just the way they are!

 
And when I got home, I found a box from my friend, Jules, in North Carolina. Look what she picked up for me for my birthday! She did a little shopping of her own. I've got a thing about flower frogs lately. I think they're so cool... the more, the merrier. The heart trivet was already used at dinner time, and the candle is going out to the studio and on display for my demo meeting tomorrow morning. Jules sent her gift early because she's moving... how thoughtful is she? She's thinking of me and she's moving her entire household! Thanks so much, my friend.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Wish I could be there for your Demo meeting but I'm swamped with company coming this month.