My Stampin' Up! Classes

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Spring Sampler ladybug in smooshed soda top for challenge

 
This Real Red ladybug from the Spring Sampler stamp set just makes me happy to look at! I punched him out with a 1" circle punch and adhered him into a soda pop top I ran through my Big Shot (the same sandwich you use for an embossing folder).
 
 
I used the Create with Connie and Mary sketch challenge. These sketches are a great jumping off point for one-of-a-kind creations! There's not much time if you want to participate in this sketch challenge, but go for it.
 
Occ 13 Challenges-002
 
I've got a card club meeting tonight at my studio, and this is one of the projects. They haven't seen the paper doilies or soda pop tops in person yet, so it'll be fun to make a card using both.
 
 
I started with a Pool Party card, embossing it with the little hearts strip from the Adorning Accents Folders, then adding a couple of 2-1/2" x 3-1/2" pieces of More Amore Specialty dsp. The doily and a laser-cut Primrose Pink heart from a sheet in the More Amore pack are on top of that, and finished with the smooshed soda pop top and banner with a sentiment from Petite Pairs.



No comments: