My Stampin' Up! Classes

Sunday, April 17, 2011

10 card class: From A Good Egg and Inspired by Nature, to Aviary and Herb Expressions...


I hosted a 10-card class with these five card designs. Above, A Good Egg with some Tangerine Tango dsp (from the Brights pad), 5/8" Old Olive satin ribbon and faux stitching (paper piercing holes first then connecting them with a white gel pen). I saw a smaller card like this on Diana Gibbs' blog.


Inspired by Nature has always been one of my favorite sets, but I haven't used it for months! We used Old Olive, Poppy Parade and Early Espresso markers to ink up the stamp. The sentiment is from the Level 3 hostess set Occasional Quotes. The rubber was resisting the Poppy Parade ink, so while my flower looks a bit mottled, I used an adhesive eraser on the rubber that worked wonders for my customers! The ink went on smoothly.


I started with the flower pattern from the Pawsitively Prints II dsp pack and added the Poppy Parade ribbon and butterflies. The smaller butterfly and curly sentiment are from Flight of the Butterfly. The big butterfly is from Butterfly Prints. Of course the big butterfly had to have a big rhinestone on it!


I cut a half-inch from the top right of this card, then used the Scallop Border Punch and ran it through the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder. There's a 1-inch strip of Sweet Stitches dsp adhered inside the card. I used the 3" circle die for the Big Shot for the front layer, stamping the cage and bird from Aviary. Everyone could select a sentiment from Teeny, Tiny Wishes.


I started with Lap of Luxury dsp on this Easter card. The sentiment is from Something to Celebrate, a Level 2 hostess set, and the main stamp set is Herb Expressions. This card also uses the Scallop Trim Border Punch and 3/8" Pretty in Pink taffeta.

1 comment:

hollybeary creations said...

You know I heart the butterfly card the most, It goes great with that DSP. and the Herb Expression set one is so pretty. That was a set I picked for winning a So Shelli Contest and I have yet to mount it. I need to use it soon.