My Stampin' Up! Classes

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Faux silk technique...

Faux silk is a fun and easy technique.

We're making this card in my clubs this month. The branch with flowers is from a new stamp set called Eastern Blooms. It has a variety of flowers in it and is 15% off thru Sept. 30.

The flowers are stamped in Riding Hood Red on tissue paper, then you wad it up into a little ball, unfold it, and adhere it to a piece of Whisper White card stock with glue stick. The tissue paper needs to be larger than the white layer. When they're glued together, turn the white card stock over and trim the tissue around the edges.

From there, we layered it on Pink Pirouette card stock and Riding Hood Red that's been punched at the bottom with the new scallop edge punch.

SU! sells Riding Hood Red taffeta ribbon, but my order hasn't arrived yet, so I improvised by using white taffeta ribbon and passing it between my Riding Hood Red ink pad and sponge three times. Tip: Cut your ribbon a couple inches longer than you need it so you don't dye your fingers.

I used a 2-way glue pen and Dazzling Diamonds glitter in the center of each flower for that added sparkle. The card is finished with the greeting, which comes from another 15% off stamp set called Heard from the Heart.

I hope you'll try this technique!

No comments: