We all need inexpensive gift ideas for friends, family and those "extra" people in our lives, like neighbors, co-workers, teachers, mail carriers, etc. This card holder with a gift bow is the perfect gift. You can customize it for each person on your list. It easily holds 6 cards and envelopes.
First, the template:
1. Take a piece of 8-1/2" x 11" card stock and score the lines.
2. Now make your cuts. I folded tabs so you can see where I cut.
3. Use a bone folder to get crisp folds on your score lines.
4. Work one side at a time, tucking tabs under sides and applying adhesive (I suggest mini glue dots or sticky strip - SNAIL isn't strong enough).
5. Apply more adhesive to keep top and bottom of card holder in place.
6. Here's the finished box. From here you can further embellish.
I die-cut pieces of designer paper and complimentary card stock for a bow using the Gift Bow die and the Big Shot.
Use a bone folder to curl the patterned pieces and adhere ends with glue dots, then use another glue dot to adhere the curls together. Use more glue dots to add a brown "whale tail" under each side of the bow. Then adhere a cute embellishment in the middle of the bow. Ta da!
I've been invited to the holiday bazaar at a local assisted living care place this Thursday for the third year in a row. It's my favorite event because 1) It's free!; 2) Each vendor gets a little gift bag; 3) The staff gives you free food and drink; and 4) Everyone is so incredibly nice! This year I'm bringing a bunch of cards as a raffle gift since the staff is putting together an Alzheimers fund-raiser. I'll be putting together some of these filled card holders to sell too.