My Stampin' Up! Classes

Monday, May 7, 2012

Crafting festive ribbon wreaths for Puyallup festival


I didn't realize it'd been a few days since I've posted. Time flies when you're crafting! I've been creating for hours every day, preparing for the Heirloom Rubber Stamps & Paper Arts Festival May 19-20 in Puyallup, and the Kitsap Arts & Crafts Festival in July in Kingston. I've made a few ribbon wreaths in the past couple of days. I've got photos of two of them. Both use wire forms with four rings, and were purchased at an area craft store for $2.50 and $1.99. The top wreath is medium, and the one below is small.


When my hubby saw the top wreath hanging on the wall, he thought it looked like it had American flags on it. It does have some red and white striped ribbon, along with some polka-dotted ribbon, but I just used up ends of rolls of ribbon I've had laying around for awhile. Same thing with the Rich Razzleberry and Basic Black wreath above. It does have some Basic Gray taffeta and striped Old Olive ribbons. If you're going to use new rolls of ribbon, I believe the medium wreath uses 7 rolls, and the small one uses about 4. It really depends on the ribbon width, though. Each wreath only took me about 1-1/2 hours to complete. I tie each ribbon on, but don't knot it.

I'm looking forward to the Puyallup show. I have a couple of friends helping with the booth set-up, to make it look more like a vintage boutique. I've been making a variety of items - garden stakes, chalkboard tags, fabric personal tissue holders, candy items and more. There will be a little something for everyone, including lots of retired stamps, punches, ink pads, ribbons, buttons and stitched felt items. If you're going to be in the area, I hope you'll come by and say "Hi" at the shows!

1 comment:

Tina said...

these wreaths are amazing, i didnt realize we lived in the same area, im in spanaway...pretty cool, the art festival should be fun