My Stampin' Up! Classes

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Tea Party teacher card...

A mom in my daughter's class asked me to make a card for the end-of-the-year basket parents were chipping in on for the teacher. The teacher loves the color purple, and tea.

There were 24 kids in the class, and the mom and I thought it'd be great to include a little something from each child in the card. I cut Whisper White squares so each kid could write and/or draw their favorite thing in 2nd grade or what they liked best about their teacher.

To include all 24 squares in a single card, I went with two stacks, accordion-folded, with the squares adhered on each side of the card stock. Each stack was adhered at the base with sticky strip to Tea Party paper and then to the card itself. I used some ribbon originals to hold both stacks closed with bows. Mugs from the Sip by Sip stamp set are stamped in Almost Amethyst ink below the stacks.

I added Lovely Lilac card stock, run through the Big Shot with the Scallop Die - but only part of the way. White organza ribbon is adhered under the designer paper and one stack, then run through a hole in a large white grommet. A large metal circle tag was stamped with the "thank you" image from Eight Great Greetings after being inked with markers. I punched an 1/8" hole at the top of the tag and tied it onto the organza ribbon with silver cord.

The stack of teacups on the front flap is from an old Stampin' Up! tea set. The teacher loved the card! It was well worth the effort.

1 comment:

Andrea Walford said...

Very sweet teacher's gift...and love love love the bag!