My Stampin' Up! Classes

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

My home is filled with JOY

 
Happy Wednesday! I finally got a chance to take some photos of my Christmas banner. I had a class Saturday where the ladies could choose to either make a "Joy" banner or one that said "Noel." Thanks to my BFF Kim, I had stencils on both sides of the long row of tables so each person had a place to sit and work on one letter at a time. It was fun!

 
With the Build a Banner kit, you get lots of canvas flags, so I was able to make two banners Saturday. I think I'll make at least one more. I think they'll make fabulous gifts for a couple of special people I have in mind. Though you only get one string of jute, I used retired 1/4" white grosgrain ribbon for my banners - and I think it looks great!

 
Turn your computer sideways. This photo and the next flipped for some reason! You can see how I put a rosette on the flag (I used Sticky Strip), then used Stampin' Dimensionals to add the patterned paper circle to the rosette and the faceted button to that. Each faceted button has a large rhinestone inside. You can never have enough bling on a holiday banner!

 
Three fabulously glittery snowflakes come in each Christmas banner accessories kit, so I used the two big ones between the letters and the smallest at the end.

 
I cut the lengths of ribbon into four pieces each and tied them in knots. The snowflakes are hanging from the 1/8" silver ribbon. Love it!
 
Of course you can make your banner say whatever you want and use it for holidays, birthdays, or any special event. To order, please use my Online Store at http://therubberroom.stampinup.net. Each month I'm giving away the hostess freebies to one lucky winner of my random drawing. All you have to do is place an Online Order and your name goes into the drawing! Thanks.

2 comments:

fairy thoughts said...

love your Christmas banner the colours are so restfull and a change from the usual ones
janet

Tina said...

Love these colors and details