My Stampin' Up! Classes

Friday, April 17, 2009

God's Beauty crayon resist technique...

Crayon resist is one of those techniques that is so easy and can be so striking, as I feel it is on this Tempting Turquoise card, made using the Level 1 hostess set God's Beauty, along with Oval All from the Occasions Mini.

Using glossy white card stock, I stamped the butterflies in Basic Black ink. You need to let it dry a bit (or I flip over the card stock on my grid paper and blot any excess ink).

I used a white crayon to highlight areas I wanted to keep white, then used sponge daubers to swirl on Tempting Turquoise, Apricot Appeal and Certainly Celery - colors straight off the Color Coach.

After you cover the entire piece of glossy card stock, you take a tissue or paper towel and wipe off the crayon.

1 comment:

hollybeary creations said...

I love this the butterflies really pop! It's beautiful..