My Stampin' Up! Classes

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Starring You "spring" card...

From the outside, this Tangerine Tango card looks like any other. It's got Tangerine Tango designer paper at the top, coordinating striped ribbon in the middle, and a cute birthday stamp punched out with the scallop circle punch.

But look inside and stars spring up! I saw this idea at convention and loved it. I used two 1 3/4" circles, and cut each into a spiral with the sides no more than 1/8" thick. You don't want thick spirals because then you won't have that many "springs."

I punched stars out of Pacific Point, Tangerine Tango and Summer Sun card stocks in small and large sizes and adhered them to various places on the coils so when the card is opened they spring up.

I used Starring You stamp set, and punched the "way to go" with the wide oval punch.

Try one of these. They're fun!

No comments: