My Stampin' Up! Classes

Monday, May 19, 2008

Boho Backgrounds mosaic...

This mosaic technique was something I saw on the Stampin' Up! channel while on the cruise to Bermuda. (It's fascinating TV!)

I used a shipping label and scraps of Western Sky paper and Blue Bayou card stock. Randomly stick the scraps to the sticky side of the label, then pour silver embossing powder in the "cracks" and heat.

I layered the label on Blue Bayou card stock and added a knot of double-stitched Soft Sky ribbon. Then I finished the card with a scallop punch-out from Blue Bayou layered behind a Boho Background stamp stamped in Blue Bayou on another Western Sky scrap. The Ruby Red brad finishes the embellishment and is stuck on with dimensionals.

The birthday greeting comes from All Holidays and is stamped in Blue Bayou.

Trivia: Mosaic as an art form first thrived during the Greco-Roman period, from Alexander the Great until the fall of Rome. (Source: http://www.tutcik.com/mosaic.html)



No comments: